Re: Maybe I'm missing something

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Jim Clark wrote:

I would love to see the nudge function implemented. But I would never want it to include attached lines. Why? Because I never have any!

I'm having problems parsing this. If you never have any attached lines, why would you care if attached lines were nudged??

I accurately place objects where I want them, and then connect them.

Oh I see... you'd just nudge your objects before connecting any lines?

So for me, a nudge (a vital tool--now I get them as close as possible and then open my images in GIMP and place them precisely where I need them--and have to fix the dang lines as well) that ignores all connections and just moves the selected object(s) would be wonderful.

I still don't get this, but I'm very tired right now :-/

A huge improvement. A delightful enhancement. Maybe options down the road would be nice, but this function, without all the hoo-hah of attached lines, would be great.

I'm afraid I didn't quite get it, maybe if you sent an example .dia-file?

Anyway, perhaps there should just be a configurable option how nudging affects connected lines etc.

/Christian