Re: New Dia shape repository / New CMOS and Digital shapes by Jason Klaus

Does this mean that the shapes kept at
http://dia-installer.de/shapes.html will not be added to future releases
of dia?

Not necessarily. However, it gives us more flexibility. Some things to consider:

* On slower systems the sheet loading time is already quite long,
adding the possibility to have optional shapes might help
* It is not feasible to have a new dia release for every new set of
shapes. The new repository
will make the process of sharing shapes easier
* It will allow to share shapes where the Dia developers feel that
they to not meet the
quality standards
* If you look at the digital shapes: Dia already has some very similar
shapes. I haven't looked at the details and I will not make a
decision, but I think the ones from Jason Klaus are "nicer", at least
in terms of the icons. The repository gives a place for people to test
and discuss here on the mailing list how such things could be merged.

Regards,

Steffen