Dia as a State Mechine Editor

Hi there, I have been using Dia to map out State Machines for a while now, all of the ones I worked on were already completed so I was just doing it for documentation. Now I am at a stage where I will be making new ones and was wondering if anyone else has tried this with Dia before? I basically want a way to generate some simple c++ code based on the diagram, would this be better done in the source or with a python plug-in? Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jacob