Dia, Peirce's logic and nested graphs

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a script that translates a Peirce's logic diagram into a logic formula.

As a simple introduction: Peirce defines some simple rules to represent a logic statement with simple circles and lines, as we can see in the next image.

Imaxe en liƱa 1

But in this kind of graphs is very important to know if a circle/area is content or contents some graph.

Is it possible to create nested graphs in Dia? It is very simple to draw them with the existing tools, but not to know if a graph is nested or not.

If not, how would you know if a graph is content in another graph? Would you do a script that calculate it by the position and the shape size?

I honestly need ideas before to start to handle the problem.

Thank you for your help :)

D.Varela