Re: 190212 Use of Dia - Export Question

Hi Peter,

Thanks for contacting the mailing list.

I've had a look at Dia 0.97.2 and there are a few things you can try:

1. The exported scale is adjusted from File -> Page Setup -> Scaling (Scale factor 100 means normal scaling)
2. Export the diagram as a .png and then convert that to an .wmf (this combined with the point above is what I would recommend as I've found it to be the most stable)
3. Exporting as "Cairo WMF".  There are two ways to export a .wmf file.  In the"Determine file type" drop-down menu in Export there are:
  3.a "Windows Meta File (*.wmf) but also
  3.b "Cairo WMF (*.wmf)" you might get more mileage with this one - though I've seen it cropping diagrams too much.  This can be alleviated by having an invisible element somewhere off the main diagram.
4. Try the newest (unstable) Windows build: https://gitlab.gnome.org/neduard/dia/issues/3#note_426695 (scroll down).  Dia 0.97.2 is from ~2014.  The version linked is from a couple of weeks ago :-)

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks,
Eduard