Detecting music from KDE music players..

Hey all

I've been looking at adding player detection for amaroK and other music
players that expose the current playing track via dcop. There are two
obvious ways to achieve this;

  * link against the KDE libraries, and use dcop directly from drivel.
    obvious downside: this makes the KDE libraries a dependency unless
    they are checked for and linked at runtime, which is probably
    painful
  * run /usr/bin/dcop (with a configure argument to specify that path)
    and just parse the output. Simple, and reasonably robust..

Which should I go ahead with in order to have the patch accepted? :-)

Cheers
Grahame