[Ekiga-devel-list] Implementing IPv6 support

I have some free time this summer, and I'm thinking of using it to add
IPv6 support to Ekiga.

First, are there any estimates on how difficult this will be? Is there a
public SIP server with IPv6, or will I need to set up my own?

Second, what parts of the code will need to be changed? Ekiga? OPAL?
pwlib? What parts of each? (I'm not asking for someone to do the work
for me, just some pointers on where to start from someone more familiar
with the architecture).

Would it be an acceptable solution to change to using v6 addresses
everywhere, and support v4 through the backwards-compatibility
(::ffff:123.234.56.78 type addresses)? I know that works on Linux, I
believe it works on BSD depending on a sysctl, and I have no idea about
Windows.

Thanks,
-Ben