Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Cross-compiling ekiga for win32

Jarmo Pussinen wrote:
> Michael Rickmann wrote:
>> That is really bad. I have not tested such a new Win32 Ekiga under real
>> world conditions as I was working on other aspects introduced into the
>> code. The jitter buffer errors, the last signs of life in the first two
>> logs come from Opal which was linked in. My observations are that new
>> Windows are piling up under Win7 once a connection has been established
>> or inability to open the sound device when a call is made. Together with
>> your logs it seems to indicate that the code in the "libgmopal" can not
>> work properly after "Split ekiga into an exec and helper libs". Could
>> you build Ekiga before that change was done? To do that edit the Win32
>> Makefile look for a line starting with GIT_EKIGA_REV and make it read
>> GIT_EKIGA_REV = reset --hard 4fed510c131. Then test again.
>> As to the crash on exit, it may have been caused by the same problem but
>> also others. In general Ekiga seems prone to crashes on exit. This is a
>> problem of design and may have evolved gradually. In essence, Ekiga
>> waits until the main thread has terminated and relies on Opal and Ptlib
>> to destroy part of its objects from the heap. This is really difficult
>> to debug.

I run some more simple test cases and put logs and their
short descriptions in the following place:
<http://www.pt-controlnet.fi/ekiga/ekiga-stderr-desc-001-011.zip>

There is a single call (in or out) in each case and only the completely
silent ones worked. I had less time than I anticipated, so there is
only 11 cases.

My vacation starts just about now, so I cannot help you more until later.

jarmo