[Ekiga-list] direct IP to IP SIP call without SIP registrar, not working in 3.x

Not sure any one has asked this question before.

I was able to make call without registering any SIP registrar in Ekiga
ver 2.x.  No need to create SIP account.
Just type "sip:192.168.1.34"  (the remote IP address) and the call was setup.
And the remote client could be x-lite.

But NOT with ver 3.x, the same syntax gave me no response.  It seems
like I have to create a SIP account first.

My environment is a complete isolated network so I simply can't
register in ekiga.net for SIP account.
And there is some other SIP clients so I have to stick with SIP protocol.

I know SIP registration is a proper SIP operation.  But I love ekiga
as it allows pt-to-pt call without setting up a SIP server.  But not
true for ver 3.x.  Any solution ?

Patrick