Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga-list Digest, Vol 38, Issue 28

yannick a écrit :
> Roger a écrit :
>> I'm getting quite fed up with trying to compile ekiga on F11.
>>

>> I could download the old version again but why bother when an update is
>> available.
>>
>> It's asking for many files that I have no other need for, files that
>> clutter my file system only for the sake of configuring ekiga.
>> I have searched, researched and installed for days  and it's never
>> satisfied.
>>
>> Found libebook finally as part of a-devel package that I don't need,
>> found a few other packages and now it's requesting:
>>
>> checking for XV... configure: error: Package requirements (xv) were not
>> met:
>>
>> No package 'xv' found
>>
>> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>>
>> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XV_CFLAGS
>> and XV_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
>> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>>
>> How many more extraneous files are needed to get ekiga working.
>>
>> Displeased
>> Roger
>> _
>
> Hi,
>
> Obviously you're quite new in compiling software yourself.
> It is normal for a software to require the devel version of the packages
> it will use when compiling. After the compilation success it is safe to
> remove all those packages (e.g. libebook-devel) and keeping the runtime
> version (e.g. libebook). It is just the way it works...
>
> Best regards,
> Yannick

btw, here is the list i use when compiling for ubuntu (names should be
quite the same in fedora):
Build-Depends:
+               libsasl2-dev,
+               gettext,
+               libldap2-dev,

+               libgconf2-dev,
+               libxv-dev,
+               autotools-dev,
+               gnome-pkg-tools,
+               rarian-compat,
+               intltool,
+               libxml-parser-perl,
+               evolution-data-server-dev,
+               gnome-doc-utils,
+               libavahi-client-dev,
+               libavahi-glib-dev,
+               libsigc++-2.0-dev,
+               libgtk2.0-dev (>= 2.12),
+               libdbus-glib-1-dev,
+               gnome-common,
+               libnotify-dev,
+               libebook1.2-dev,