Re: [Ekiga-list] multiple instances of Ekiga on one server

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 10:38:43AM -0500, Rob Owens wrote:
> I run an LTSP server with many thin clients.  The end result is that
> several users are logged into the LTSP server at once, and all their
> applications run on the same server.  I'd like these users to be able to
> use Ekiga, but I'm running into problems.

<snip>

I found this thread which basically answered my question:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ekiga-list gnome org/msg07812.html

I had actually tried that, but I changed the listening port to 5061,
which didn't work.  So I thought I was misunderstanding the way Ekiga
works.

I also found that 5062 and 5063 don't work as the listening port on my
machine.  What port numbers would be a "safe bet" that I could tell my
users to try, both for SIP and H.323?

+1 to the suggestion in that thread to have Ekiga handle this port stuff
automatically.  LTSP servers like mine can often have tens or even
hundreds of users.  Manually assigning ports would be a real pain in
that case.

Great software by the way.  I'm really enjoying it.  Big thanks to all
the developers!

-Rob