Re: [Ekiga-list] ekiga-list Digest, Vol 56, Issue 18

It works just fine on my Debian squeeze and wheezy systems using Ekiga 3.2.7.
I got an email from diamondcard that there would be scheduled outage
of the service monday March 21st due to some server maintenance (they
said it would only affect the US). Perhaps this was the reason it
wasn't working for you. Retry today

> So this is where I am stuck now. I would love to use Ekiga to replace
> Skype for PC-to-PC and PC-to-Phone (landline/mobile) calling and SMS.
> Also, I'd really like to support a free software project such as Ekiga
> financially, but I can't seem to get around this problem and hope that
> someone can give me some advice on how to fix this. I have posted this
> on the Ubuntu Support Forums as well
> (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10587082) and will publish
> the solution there for the support of other users (of course giving
> credit to whoever helps me track down the problem :-)).

I replaced skype by ekiga a while ago and I don't regret it. I also
use google video-voice service because calls in the US are currently
free.

Good luck

Andres