Re: [Ekiga-list] Ekiga text message not working in asterisk server

Not true.

Asterisk supports IM (RFC4xxx - SIP Extension for IM). But it seems to me that it works only for an established call.

Another point : I use IM with SIP and asterisk for remote control purposes. Ekiga has a trouble with identity (I didn't make tests since months, but...). Ekiga uses <OS login>@<IP or hostname> as ID and not <SIP ID>@registrar. I have written some posts on this point ;-)

Best regards