Re: I need for some copywriting for gnome.org

On 8/15/05, Rob Sharp <rob sharp gmail com> wrote:
On 8/16/05, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
Easy to get

With support from Novell, Red Hat, Sun and many others, getting GNOME
on your Linux or Solaris desktop has never been easier- just [link to
~davyd/footware/]click here[/] to find out how to become a GNOME user
today.

It's slightly pedantic, but it's always better to avoid 'click here'
on links (WCAG 13.1, guideline gurus!) as the link has no context (for
search engines etc.).

Yeah, I knew that, just... it was awkward :)

Perhaps we could use:

With support from Novell, Red Hat, Sun and many others, getting GNOME
on your Linux or Solaris desktop has never been easier. [link to
~davyd/footware/]Find out how to become a GNOME user today![/]

Much better. That was sort of whimsy anyway, since I need to work with
Davyd to get that page more usable before we pimp it from the front
page.

Luis