Re: release notes: first draft

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 14:23 -0800, Bob Kashani wrote:
On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 10:08 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

Le lundi 06 mars 2006 à 23:57 +0800, Davyd Madeley a écrit :
Ok guys and gals. I am announcing a preliminary draft of the release
notes for 2.14. We now require proof readers for spelling, grammar and
technical correctness.

The latest committed version is online at:
    http://www.gnome.org/start/2.14/notes/C/index.html

I just noticed that two screenshots features some ubuntu-specific
changes:

  + the menu bar on the first page uses System instead of Desktop

  + the sound pref dialog screenshot in the "What's new for users"
    page features a "default sound card" combo box (added by an ubuntu
    patch)

Should we update them?

We probably should. I have a screenshot of the sound pref. without the
default sound card entry. But I'm not all that great with using gimp to
remove the little black bits from the top corners. I'll upload it and
hopeful Davyd or someone else can fix it. The other screenshot should
probably be replaced too. It might seem a bit odd for some users to see
"System" instead of "Desktop". I'll try replacing that one too and again
either Davyd or someone else can make adjustments as needed.

I just noticed that my drop shadow settings aren't the same as Davyd's.
hrmm...Davyd can you fix that? Do you want me to send you a screenshot
without the drop shadow or can you just remove that patch and rebuild?
Also, I took this screenshot from within garnome-cvs which uses the
tango icon theme by default. Is that ok or should I change it? I haven't
messed with the other screenshot that Vincent, mentioned cause I'd like
to get confirmation first before changing more images. I would really
prefer that you do all the image changes just to keep things consistent.

Bob

--
Bob Kashani
GARNOME Project