Re: Responsive Gnome instance

On 8 January 2016 at 19:45, Saumya Dwivedi <saumya zero gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I am one of the past participants of the Outreachy program and I have been
working on the responsive design project for the Gnome website. Currently
the testing instance is hosted in http://wgo-test.gnome.org/ .

Thanks for working on this!

I know the work has been long overdue, but if you guys can look over it and
give your suggestions and feedback, we can hopefully push it forward soon.

Overall, looks good and it's nice to have a responsive design. Here
are the issues that I found:

* On my phone, it defaults to the "standard" layout (testing on a
Nexus 5 in Chrome) which looks pretty bad (other websites default to a
mobile version if available)
* GNOME should be written as GNOME, not Gnome (In the Foundation submenu)
* I'm not keen on having the "Foundation" menu respond with a drop
down rather than taking me to the page about the Foundation in a
"standard" layout
* Not keen on the +/- indicator for expanded/not for the Foundation menu
* The font in the Foundation menu looks odd in the "standard" layout

On the other hand, the "small screen" layout menu looks good and the
behaviour is nice there. I'm quite happy with how the home page layout
changes there too.

Thanks
Kat

Thank you!