Re: Downloader design proposal

* Marco Pesenti Gritti <marco gnome org> [Jan, 17 2004 01:50]:
> PERSONAS
>
> To try to remain concrete I'll try to sketch two (sort of, I have no
> time to do it properly :/) personas:
>
> Renata. 45 years, she assist people paying their taxes (sorry I bet
> there is a proper english name for this ;)). She use Internet mainly to
> download the software and the documents she need to do his work. She use
> his computer all day but she never completely understood how files are
> stored.
>
> Armando. 18 years, student, he use Internet to download music, games,
> videos, he has a good understanding of the filesystem.
not at all the epicenter of the whole thread, but it would have been
kind of considerate to have made the "incapable" user male, and the
"capable" on a female.  As it stands now, it perhaps reflects a larger
portion of reality than vice versa, but it is sad to assume that those
that don't understand computers very well are female (albeit older as
well), and those that do are male.  Sorry for this rather off-topic Re:
but I feel that this is something to try to avoid if at all possible...
	nikolai

P.S.
Does accountant or tax accountant work for Renatas job description?
D.S.

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::