Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution on RH8.0

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 13:27, Rik Guyler wrote:
> I recently installed Evolution 1.2.2-1 on my RH8.0 box via the Red
> Carpet Installer and it just will not run.  When I launch it, either
> by the X shortcut or from the terminal, I get an error saying the
> shared library libdb.so.2 cannot be opened: file not found.
>
> The library file is on my system and the path is in the environment
> path.  I applied all updates to Evolution that were available as well
> as RH updates.  This didn't change anything.  I then uninstalled
> Evolution and reinstalled and updated everything again but no change.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rik

Where do you have it installed? What package owns it? ("rpm -qf
<filename>" is good for that.) Maybe the directory isn't in
/etc/ld.so.conf? In general, libdb.so.2 on Red Hat 8.0 is provided by
gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-22.  For the record, it is rather unusual for that
package to provide that library.

-Mark Gordon