Re: [Evolution-hackers] Problem with a private e-mail

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 10:00, João Miguel Neves wrote:
> The situation is as follows:
>
> I received an e-mail that seems to bork the indexing of evolution. My
> problem is that that specific e-mail has a lot of real e-mail addresses
> that I consider private, so I don't want to post them in bugzilla. Is
> there a developer I could send this e-mail to ?

> Other details:
>
> I'm using debian/unstable (this is the reason I haven't sent it before -
> I thought it might be a platform problem).
>
> The problem is present in all 1.2.x until 1.2.2 (the one I'm using now).
> The problem is also present on earlier versions, but I didn't kept track
> of versions.
>
> Symptoms: Evolution doesn't show any messages on the folder this message
> is, unless they just arrived. Folder type is mbox.
>
> Work-around: rm ~/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox.ev-summary and selecting
> the folder when evolution starts would work. If the folder was not
> selected when the indexing finishes, the messages would "disappear".

Sounds like a strange problem.  It isn't crashing?  Dissapear?  From the
local folder?  vFolders or searches involved?

Just mail it to notzed ximian com, as a gzip'd attachment, if you can
get hold of it in the mailbox.

BTW this should really be sent on the evolution list, the -hackers list
is for development discussion.