Re: [Evolution-hackers] Appointment and Meeting Editors -- 2.0 Thoughts

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 15:22, Ronald Kuetemeier wrote:

> The question which will come up is, do you want the alarm before due or
> start time?  I took it, as getting the task alarm and better get going
> to be finished in time, if you use due time you have to calculate back
> when you have to start working to be done at due time and set the alarm
> accordingly. Sounds like a personal pref. to me what you call start time
> for a task. I don't know if there is consensus on it.

The spec is not terribly clear on it :(

I understand it to be as follows.  As an example, in Mexico City you
have to take your car for an emissions check twice a year.  The period
when you have to take your car in depends on the last digit in the
license plate -- 0 and 1 must have it checked by January, 2 and 3 by
March, 4 and 5 by June, etc.  (Those dates are almost certainly not
accurate, but it works in a similar way).

You have two months to take your car for the emissions check.  Say that
my car needs to be taken in during October or November.  I am not
allowed to take it in before October, and I'll get a fine if I don't
have the emissions check done by the end of November.  So, the start
date for the task would be October 1, and the due date would be November
30.

  Federico