Re: [Evolution-hackers] component information area.

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 14:03 -0500, Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
> I agree with the sentiment completely, something like that is needed.
> My only concern is that you're taking even more valuable vertical real
> estate from the folder list.  Many of us stuck on 1024x768 laptops are
> already hurting for space there.  I'm not sure there's anywhere else it
> could logically go, unfortunately.  At the very least, could it be made
> shorter, maybe the same size as search bar next to it?

If only that, and the buttons down the bottom didn't waste so much space
on empty space ... but unfortunately, our hands are tied somewhat by the
HIG.  Which seems to have been designed based on mid-80's mac-type
assumptions that everyone has exactly the same screen resolution and
monitor size.  And that size is a 90's assumption of a 19" LCD running
at 1600x1200.

 Michael (who also runs 1024x768 laptop).