Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 19:49 +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > > Conclusion, there is effort duplication : Evolution and GnomeMeeting
> > > will both have their own address book (sharing the same backend which is
> > > better) when there could be only one specialized program to do it.
> >
> > This was the purpose of e-d-s, don't confuse the UI of the app with the
> > data storage mechanism.  The gnome meeting guys are already looking at
> > using the e-d-s data storage mechanism.  Whether the gui part is in

I was actually thinking about sending a mail to the list about this
particular topic so I'll throw in my .02

I've been poking at planner e-d-s integration today and yesterday and it
occurred to me that alot of applications (ideally) are going to need
basic gui access to e-d-s.  It seems to make sense to use consistent
dialogs across applications for things like:

Choosing one or more calendars from the list available.
Searching the address book, and displaying results.
Selecting contacts from the list.
modifying all data types
etc.

most of these exist in evolution, it makes more sense to have a set of
useful e-d-s interface dialogs in a separate lib maybe?

My current line of thinking is to use the glade files directly
from /usr/.../1.5/glade/.

-Brian