[Evolution-hackers] evolution-data-server and Migration and GConf Schemas

As I was working on my webcal: handler, I wanted to test it on another
machine where I didn't have evolution 1.5 installed. So I proceeded to
build and install the tree up to e-d-s, since that was all I would have
thought I needed to add a calendar. However, e-d-s isn't doing anything
to migrate existing calendar/addressbook data, and there are no schemas
defined for the sources keys in gconf, so when trying to get the sources
list to add the calendars to, I ended up getting NULL. This made things
not work. Since e-d-s is intended to be totally separate, I think the
best thing to do would be to move the cal/contacts migration into the
data server, and have it signal the GUI to pop up a dialog to show
the status, and to add schemas for the sources gconf keys, so that they
will at least exist with an empty sources list, especially if we are
going to do 1.0 before evolution 2.0, as people might want to start
playing with the API and various little toys, like the clock applet
patch, before evo 2.0 is released, and their data is migrated. It
doesn't seem like it would be hard to do, the schemas stuff at least,
will be dead simple. Anyone have any complaints, etc...?

-- dobey