Re: [Evolution-hackers] invoking shell

> > > No there isn't, the best you can do right now is start with a particular
> > > component (tasks/calendar/mail etc).
> >
> > How do you imagine it should/will work?
>
> Well, I imagine it would work by doing something like:
>
> -c calendar:work_week
>
> and the "work_week" bit would get passed to the createControls corba
> method.

In 1.4, you could do this by doing:
	evolution [URI of a calendar folder]#work_week
and "work_week" would be passed to the shell component's createView
method as the "view_info" parameter. But the code to make it actually
work never got finished because galview made it really hard to get
right.

I don't know how much of the code is still around in 2.0.

-- Dan