Re: [Evolution-hackers] Bug #50046.

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 12:05 +0100, guenther wrote:
> Sorry, my bad. Now I see. Although my understanding of your initial
> explanation didn't change, not even with more coffee. ;)

:)

> Yep, I noticed the missing To: field myself. But it seems, this is due
> to the formatting of that header:
>
> To: People who needed an example of empty lists in To field:;People who needed an example of empty lists in To field: ;, ""@infradead.org

That happened between me and you, and it wasn't done by any of my boxen.
I have this (I'm attaching the same message, but Evo might munge it even
when it's attached):

pentafluge /home/dwmw2/Maildir/cur $ grep ^To: ./1073299527.H151846P27187.pentafluge.infradead.org:2,S
To: People who needed an example of empty lists in To field: ;
pentafluge /home/dwmw2/Maildir/cur $

... leading to the To: header being completely omitted from the display.
Perhaps if it had other addresses in it too then it wouldn't be
completely removed, as NotZed says.

> However, I actually *have* seen the behavior in Evolution, as you want.
> The message was generated by Eudora and the To: field had some
> explanatory text, whereas all the addresses where not visible, cause
> they where sent Bcc:ed.
>
> So I assume, this is Evolutions fault parsing the To: header?

Evo seems to have parsed it just fine, but decided for some reason to
discard part of it.

--
dwmw2
--- Begin Message ---

It says:
	To: People who needed an example of empty lists in To field: ;

Evolution strips the To: header from the mail before sending it, and even
strips it on _displaying_ the mail. Unless you look at it in another MUA
you're unlikely to see it, even if you select 'View Mail Source'.

--
dwmw2

--- End Message ---