Re: [Evolution-hackers] EDestination and CamelInternetAddress

ya...I dont think its hard..."to seperate Camel out [this week]"

I have a standalone build of Camel, which works ok ,-
o from evo 2.0.1 code [not CVS]
o havent tested with evo itself [ouch, no excuse]
o works ok over pop, local, smtp

So...was planning to finish this nicely and offer a patch [with a couple of command line send/recv sample progs] - but likely a few weeks off..

Basically I put together a subset of e-util that Camel needs and
added some small cutnpaste from gal et al.
I changed a minor #include lines in Camel, but no code.

Does someone want to take what I have now and fold back into your CVS etc?

[ Please seriously consider keeping Camel seperate from e-d-s eg.
Then people can use nice messaging library with no big dependencies ]
Here is file list for my hacked e-utils [lots of other e-utils cut, as they depended on otherstuff, and Camel didnt need them]

e-host-utils.c
e-host-utils.h
e-iconv.c
e-iconv.h
e-memory.c
e-memory.h
e-msgport.c
e-msgport.h
e-path.c
e-path.h
e-sexp.c
e-sexp.h
e-time-utils.c *
e-time-utils.h *
e-trie.c
e-trie.h
filter-rule.h *
iconv-detect.h *
md5-utils.c
md5-utils.h

*indicates hackery

Does any one want my build tree so they can do this??
[I intended to make a decent cvs patch..but wont be able to for a while due to other work]

gord.

<rant>
Camel - I like it...Id like to work on stuff like -
- a db [unix odbc] provider/store
- a logging provider/transport
- fully inverted indexes on message text [at e-d-s level] 'like gmail'
- add a bit of glue so you can make messaging 'apps' by just writing sexps
</rant>