Re: [Evolution-hackers] EPlugin, export mail folder, Working!!!

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 03:12 +0100, smurfd wrote:
> Well, you should be running the whole shooting match in another thread already?  You are right
yes, i am!

> You could also perhaps do mail_msg_wait() on the return of
> mail_get_folder(), although it would be simpler to avoid all that
> extra thread stuff entirely.

Well, i adopted both methods. I éxchanged the mail_get_folder with
mail_tool_uri_to_folder() wich cleaned up the source alot i think.
Then, after my first e_put_thread() (wich handles all the exportion
things) i put a mail_msg_wait_all() wich totaly solved all the problems
i have had.
thats okey to do that, right?

Better to avoid the mail_msg_wait_all() (infact you should never use this, if you need to wait for a specific thread, you need to use the seq id from the created message before you queue it.  But in this case, since you're creating your own 'job', just use the done callback.  If you need something to run after it is complete, in the gui thread, then you can put code in the "done" callback of the "mail ops" structure.

> > So im gonna have to borrow some more code i guess... and make small
> > modifications on it to fit my needs.

didnt have to borrow any more.

It took a hellofa time, but its working now, just gotta clean it up, and
see that it frees all the memmory and objects that it should do.

Tried it earlier on a mailbox of 200+ MB worth of mails, and it seemed
to handle that very well. (took some time ofcourse)
The same with one of my imap accounts, took time, but its working :)
with compression and all. Since i decided to run the compression on
where you had it exported.

Thanks for your patience, Notzed.
No worries.