Re: [Evolution-hackers] Marcus Bains Line in calendar

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 11:57 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 11:06 +0100, Anders N�und wrote:
> > YES, finally! Have ben waiting for that to come. Unfortunately I'm not
> > programmer enough to make it happen and not frustrated enough to file a
> > bug...but it's very welcome addition to the calendar.
> >
> > Please let that make it into main release!
>
> > tor 2005-03-03 klockan 21:45 -0500 skrev Thouis (Ray) Jones:
> > > I've modified evolution calendar to have a Marcus Bains Line
> > > http://people.csail.mit.edu/u/r/rahimi/public_html/marcus-bains-line/
> > >
> > > It looks like this:
> > > http://people.csail.mit.edu/u/t/thouis/public_html/gnome-mb.png
>
> I have upgraded this patch to HEAD. Check attachment.

So I've been playing around with this since last week, very cool.  We
could definitely take this feature for 2.3/2.4.  Some comments:

-the configuration item should probably be at the bottom of the General
section just so it doesn't needlessly disrupt the relative layout of the
other items
-shouldn't hard code the colors of the line - maybe the ACTIVE color or
something
-shouldn't use localtime to determine the time, should use
icaltime_current_time_with_zone and pass in the configured timezone and
then convert that to a time_t.
-the exact time doesn't seem to be shown as in the above link

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.