[Evolution-hackers] building evolution-data-server against the already installed libdb

Hello!

I'm trying to convince the maintainers of the evolution-data-server
FreeBSD port (<http://freshports.org/databases/evolution-data-server>)
to build the software against the db4-version installed by the separate
port of SleepyCat's db4 (<http://freshports.org/databases/db43>).

I'm using the thus built evolution (against db-4.3.29) to type this
message, but they remain hesitant, because of the past problems they
encountered trying to build evolution using the already installed db3
instead of the version then-bundled with evolution.

I'm guessing, you used to have modified version of db3, which allowed it
to work, where the "standard" version did not. Is there anything like
that in the db4.1 version bundled with e-d-s 1.4.2.1, or can we safely
use any reasonably recent version of db4?

Moreover, perhaps, you can be convinced to stop the bundling of db4
completely and turn it into just another pre-requisite?

Thanks! Yours,

	-mi