Re: [Evolution-hackers] GDK Critical errors emitted

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 19:58 +0000, Peter wrote:
> (evolution:12893): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed
> fff
>
> This error continues to be emitted constantly.

Hi Peter,

If you're at all familiar with GDB, it would help tremendously to have a
backtrace from the point where this CRITICAL message is being printed.
Here's how:

1) Install debugging symbols for Evolution and GTK+ if necessary.
2) $ gdb evolution
3) (gdb) start
4) (gdb) break g_logv
5) (gdb) continue
6) Wait for Evolution to hit the g_logv breakpoint.
7) (gdb) backtrace
8) Verify that gdk_window_get_origin() is in the backtrace.
9) Open a bug at bugzilla.gnome.org and post the backtrace there.

Also, if and when you open a bug, please indicate what version of
Evolution you're using (as you did in your email) and what distro you're
using.

Let me know if you need me to clarify any steps.

Thanks,
Matthew Barnes