Re: [Evolution-hackers] go-evolution.org

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 11:32 +0530, Chenthill wrote:
> 	The archived contents would be eventually moved to
> www.gnome.org/projects/evolution . Time-line for the same is not yet
> decided. Until then the contents would remain in go-evolution.org.

Okay, so what does moving wiki contents to a non-wiki website mean
exactly?  Do we snapshot all the pages and copy the static HTML?  And if
we do that, how do we find archived wiki pages without the wiki's search
feature?  I guess we'd have to set up a global index page or something?

Another option, perhaps only for the short-term, might be to just lock
down go-evolution.org so no new accounts, pages, or edits are possible.
That should preserve the search feature, and also solve the spam
problem, no?

On a different note, now that we've decided to move we need to compile a
list of which pages to move.  How about we set up a wiki page for that
and invite both developers and the community (or at least the evo-list
subscribers) to add what wiki pages they'd like to see moved.  Set a
deadline of, say, end of August?

On a third note, anyone know of a good MediaWiki-to-MoinMoin syntax
conversion program?  My Google results have yielded mostly conversion
scripts in the opposite direction (MoinMoin-to-MediaWiki), or else
software that requires admin access to the MoinMoin database.

Matthew Barnes