Re: [Evolution-hackers] (summarize ][) New 'eclient' branch in eds

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 14:37 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> So here left basically three things,
>    a) merging some API in utils,
>    b) getting well-known properties,
>    c) setting well-known properties

	Hi,
I just did a commit into the eclient branch with a fix for b) and c).
There is a little change, I named those functions:
   e_client_get_backend_property_sync
   e_client_set_backend_property_sync
with their async versions too.

Well-known properties are:
  * for a book:
	BOOK_BACKEND_PROPERTY_LOADED
	BOOK_BACKEND_PROPERTY_ONLINE
	BOOK_BACKEND_PROPERTY_READONLY
	BOOK_BACKEND_PROPERTY_CACHE_DIR
	BOOK_BACKEND_PROPERTY_CAPABILITIES
	BOOK_BACKEND_PROPERTY_REQUIRED_FIELDS
	BOOK_BACKEND_PROPERTY_SUPPORTED_FIELDS
	BOOK_BACKEND_PROPERTY_SUPPORTED_AUTH_METHODS

   * for a calendar:
	CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_LOADED
	CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_ONLINE
	CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_READONLY
	CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_CACHE_DIR
	CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_CAPABILITIES
	CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_CAL_EMAIL_ADDRESS
	CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_ALARM_EMAIL_ADDRESS
	CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_DEFAULT_OBJECT

I dropped API functions for those properties, except of
CAL_BACKEND_PROPERTY_DEFAULT_OBJECT, which left there because the API
returned icalcomponent, not a string.

As a side-effect the the get_capabilities EBookClient/ECalClient
functions have been removed.

Default implementation for getter on EBook/CalBackend takes care of
common properties and returns a Not Supported error when it is asked for
a property it doesn't know anything about. The setter's default
implementation returns the Not Supported error always.

I hope it is something close to that what you expected.
	Bye,
	Milan

P.S.: merging to utils is not done yet