[Evolution] Samba TNG and RPC stuff

Hi

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 06:54:03PM +0100, Tony Hoyle wrote:
[snip]
A lot of RPC stuff is done by Samba, and it might be worth
collaborating with them to write the endpoint mapper.  However
when I last looked at it Samba was too monolithic to be used
to create something as generic as a portmapper (you really
need it to startup services on demand), but I think Samba::TNG
has undergone a fairly big restructuring.
[snip]

Yes, Samba TNG has been restructured.  I am not really familiar
with the Samba code or RPC etc., but I've compiled Samba TNG and
tried it out briefly.  It has separate daemons for various
things instead of just an smbd and an nmbd.  Some subdirectories
of the Samba TNG code that look interesting (just based on the
directory names) are:
        lsarpcd, msrpc, rpc_client, rpc_parse, rpc_server,
        rpcclient

--
Michael Wood        | Tel: +27 21 762 0276 | http://www.kingsley.co.za/
wood kingsley co za | Fax: +27 21 761 9930 | Kingsley Technologies