[Evolution] short on shmem

Hi !

First, forget my last mail about "Embrace & Extend" mbox format - I didn't put
enough smileys :-\

Then, now that Evolution runs constantly on my system, sometimes some apps
refuse to run because they are too low on shared memory - shmget fail. That's
annoying.
I know this is not directly Evo's fault, more a GTK-related behavior, but I
thought that perhaps Evo's specialized widgets (e-table, etc...) which rely heavily
on the canvas, didn't pay enough attention to my poor machine (actually it's a
linux 2.2.14 with 96M, 5 gnome-terms, netscape, the panel+applets & Evo
running): free's output is:
Mem:         95852      92964       2888      48096       2044      31892
-/+ buffers/cache:      59028      36824
Swap:       264560      75308     189252

which mean 50% of my memory is shared. I have the Interface GTK engine/theme,
which is mainly non-pixmap. I never had this sort of problem before running
Evolution ...

        Xav