Re: [Evolution] disconnected IMAP

Also, is it possible to view the calendar folder offered by Exchange via
IMAP as a calendar? At the moment it all appears as a series of
messages, as do tasks etcetc. Is it possible to assign custom views to
these folders which would allow correct interpretation of the contents?

That would be so nice, especially if Evolution could use IMAP folders
for calendar/tasks without requiring an Exchange server.

If I were you I'd file wish list bugs for both of these at
bugzilla.ximian.com!

I would like to see some coordination between Evolution and Mozilla so that their calendar data is compatible. Not import/export, but direct access from the applications, just like IMAP clients. I like having both Evolution and Mozilla available for IMAP access; it would be great if this held for calendar data as well.
It would also provide a smooth migration path to Linux for Outlook users:

  Outlook/Win  ->  Moz/Win  ->  Moz/Linux  ->  Evo/Linux

Or you could just make Evo cross-platform  :-)