Re: [Evolution] Mail reader window useless

That's odd that Outlook on a Mac is the target "look and feel" for
Evolution, since Outlook is "native" on Windows (and probably 80%+ of
its users are on Windows).  I would think that the Windows capabilities
would be the target.... or at least a compile-time option.  Basically,
you might as well just go the rest of the way and remove that
"double-click" view because it is basically as useless as tits on a
boar.

The ability to completely be devoid of a preview pane is my favorite
feature of Outlook, and Evolution.  Now there's not much to distinguish
Evolution from Netscape/Mozilla or anything else.

Oh well..... product decisions are product decisions..... and I know I
can always go elsewhere.... just don't want to.

I'm no gnome developer (my specialty is KSH/SH, Makefiles, change
control and system administration), but could you point me to what files
(in other branches of Evolution) that I would find that "old" way of
viewing mails?  I would like to see if maybe I can understand the code
enough to make my own merge of that code for my personal use.

At least I know it's not broken.

Thanks,
Lonnie Borntreger