Re: [Evolution] TLS/authenticated SMTP

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 14:42, ben hall wrote:
Plain authentication is definitely supported.
I've been (very disappointedly) using mozilla for months now because the
university shifted to TLS and authenticated smtp and evolution didn't
support it.  Mozilla pops up a box for a password and is definitely
using TLS and Plain text.  Interestingly enough, when I try to "Check
for supported types" under the authentication method section for the
smtp preferences, all types are greyed out afterwards...  I'll keep
digging i guess.

this means the server doesn't support any authentication mechanisms (or
at least none that we support - which is quite a big list).

export CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1; killev; evolution-mail

a few seconds later, start evolution (when evolution-mail says it's
ready). Try sending a mail. The evolution-mail process will spew some
debug spew (sending/received lines will appear).

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.