Re: [Evolution] Exporting evo mail rules, calendars, et al

hi colin,

Am Samstag, den 13.08.2005, 20:29 +0200 schrieb Colin J. Raven:
I'm running Evolution 2.04 under Xandros and want to install OpenSUSE
tomorrow, however I'd like -if possible- to export rules I set up in
Evolution, as well as calendar and contacts. Nowhere in help do I see
any way to do this.

Is it perhaps as simple as saving the .evolution directory in my
$HOME?

assuming that you haven't run evo on the new computer and received new
mails for example, here we go:

evolution stores your data in "$HOME/.evolution/", your account settings
in "$HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution" and your passwords in
"$HOME/.gnome2_private/Evolution". ssl certificates are stored in
"$HOME/.camel_certs".

shut down evolution on the old computer by running "evolution
--force-shutdown".
copy your data and your passwords.
dump your account settings by running "gconftool-2
--dump /apps/evolution > some-file.xml".
on the new computer, make sure you're not running gconf (by "ps ax |
grep gconf" for example; you normally have to leave gnome for that and
then run "gconftool-2 --shutdown").
then import those settings by running "gconftool-2 --load some-file.xml"
and log in to gnome again.

sometimes this also works without shutting down gconf, but at least when
copying my data to a new computer i *had* to log out of gnome and shut
down gconf. :-/

cheers,
andre

--