Re: [Evolution] Re: junk filtering

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 21:34 +0100, guenther wrote:
< Snipped >
So this is a big issue, currently on HEAD, we have either the "Junk" or
the "Not Junk" button, based on wether the messages has been marked junk
or not. We actually needs to discuss this further. Am CCing Srini for
his comments on this.

Revert that commit immediately.

This is a bad idea. Really. All you gain is a few pixels in the toolbar.
But if this UI change is introduced in 2.6, it will be harder for the
developers and confusing to the users to get the other button in again.

I'm inclined to agree with guenther.  This sounds like a big usability
problem that needs to be addressed.  Toolbar buttons should NOT simply
"go away" within the same general view, IMO.  This is a usability thing
that was learned by most vendors long ago.  Gray-it-out if you must, but
don't make it disappear.

Questions regarding "Junk filtering not working" majorly impacted by a
badly (if at all) trained Bayes are common these days. To make SA more
effective, the user needs to train Bayes. So there *must* be a way to
train it. The user has to be able to make SA learn *any* mail marked as
either Ham or Spam previously.

I absolutely agree.  This is one of the most important functions of an
E-mail client these days, beyond actually retrieving the mail and
displaying it.  It must work effectively.

Just my two cents.

~ Greg