Re: [Evolution] Where does Evolution get its mime-type handlers?

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 13:24 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
I believe gnome-vfs provides the MIME registry.  Evolution calls to it
to learn what applications can open a particular mime-type.

Do you see this same problem in other applications?  Maybe try
reinstalling the gnome-vfs2 package.

Nautilus seems to be able to recognize different file types and suggest
applications to open them with, if that counts for anything.  I'm not
sure where else this can be tested.

-norm

--
Norman Joseph, Senior System Engineer           joseph ctc com     IC|XC
Concurrent Technologies Corporation              814.269.2633      --+--

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately
and delete this message.  Publication, reproduction,
forwarding, or content disclosure is prohibited without the
consent of the original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392