Re: [Evolution] Evolution uses incorrect attributes when storing contact-lists to LDAP-Server

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 19:31 +0100, Karl Meyerbeer wrote:
Short Version: I use evolution 2.30.3 (Debian Squeeze) with OpenLDAP
(slapd 2.4.11 on Debian Lenny). If  I try to create a contact list,
Evolution tells me "Error adding list. Other Error."
The logfile of slapd says "attribute uid not allowed" or "object class
'groupOfNames' requires attribute 'member'" and indicates that
evolution
tries to create lists as "groupOfNames", not (as I expected) as
evolutionPersonList.

        Hi,
try to run e-addressbook-factory from a terminal as follows to see some
debug output from LDAP backend. It seems to me like it didn't recognize
that you've an EvolutionPerson schema installed, but maybe you've right
and the storing function just does the thing wrong.

The command is:
   $ LDAP_DEBUG=1 /usr/libexec/e-addressbook-factory

Make sure there is none running, neither evolution, before you'll start
it. Then start evolution from another console.
        Hope that helps,
        Milan