Re: [Evolution] Evolution & SIEVE [Was: IMAP and mail filters]

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 13:38 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Is it possible to develop a *working* evolution plugin in a language
other than C?  There was some noise about being able to extend Evolution
via Mono [.NET] (which was exciting!) but that fizzled.

The harsh truth is that maintaining language bindings by hand for an
application of this size is simply not feasible.  The only sustainable
approach is to generate the bindings through gobject-introspection, but
that would first require annotating our vast and ever-changing APIs.

The Collabora folks have lent a hand with annotations in E-D-S where the
APIs are more stable and widely used.  We have a good start there, but
we're nowhere in Evolution.  And I'm not convinced it's worth it.