Re: [Evolution] Recovering evolution 3.16.3 after motherboard crash

On Wed, 2015-09-02 at 04:00 +0000, John Lauterbach wrote:
I had my home directory backed up on off-site backup at time
motherboard on my laptop crashed.  How do I recover evolution mail
and contacts from the various files and folders that were saved?

        Hi,
this should help:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html.en

Make sure no evolution processes are running when restoring the
internal files. You can check with `ps ax | grep evolution`. One
option is to run a text console only, not a graphical desktop
environment.

Also make sure that you have installed at least the same version as
the backup is from. The version downgrade may not always work with
respect of the data, as the older version may not understand the
format being used in the newer version data being in your backup.
        Bye,
        Milan