[Evolution] Yahoo email connection failing

This worked fine when I used the flatpak install of evolution, but flatpak had issues with local Linux mail, so removed flatpak and installed native Debian evolution. Now after configuring the yahoo email account, evolution continually displays popup for 'Mail authentication request'

I have both typed, very carefully, and cut/paste password from password manager numerous times, and this authentication challenge is not satisfied. Every couple of seconds it reappears.

Every fifth or so popup, the messages changes from:
'Please enter the password for account "xxxxx yahoo com".'
to:
'Please enter the password for account "xxxxx yahoo com : xxxxx yahoo com". (host:imap.mail.yahoo.com)'

I have the 'Check for new messages every N minutes' set to 60

After a period of time, apprx 3 minutes, of attempting to satisfy the authentication popups, Evolution displays error of:

'Error while Retrieving folder list for "xxxxx yahoo com". Could not connect to imap.mail.yahoo.com: Connection timed out'

Linux Dist: Debian Buster (10.11)
Evolution Version: 3.30.5-1.1  (Flatpak version of Evolution was the same)

When I added yahoo email account, I selected:
 'Look up mail server details based on the entered e-mail address'

and evolution populated the following:

Recieving
Server Type: imapx
Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com:993
Username: xxxxx yahoo com
Security: TLS
Encryption method: TLS on a dedicated port
Authentication: Password

Sending
Server Type: smtp
Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465
Username: xxxx yahoo com
Security: TLS
Encryption method: TLS on a dedicated port
Authentication: Login

I confirmed at Yahoo, that the Receiving and Sending server/port are correct.

I tried both selecting and deselecting:
  'Add Yahoo! Calendar and Tasks to this account'

no difference.

I went into 'Edit' properties on this yahoo email account within evolution, under 'Receiving Email' and tried changing 'Encryption method:' from 'TLS on a dedicated port' to 'STARTTLS after connecting' and 'No encryption'. Neither of these attempts solved the issue