Re: Bitstream Vera fonts rpm (fontconfig vers

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 14:08, Nicolas.Mailhot wrote:
> [...]

The fontconfig version number in Red Hat is _certainly_ not "totally
disconnected" from the upstream version. Red Hat 9 ships fontconfig-2.1
+ patches, the version number is 2.1-RELEASE.

What you are seeing is that fc-cache -V produces a number that
you don't care about - the SOLIB version number, rather than the
package version number. Take it up with Keith if you don't like
it; there is no difference between Red Hat's package and upstream
here (unless Keith changed this in 2.2.)

I don't see any great harm if you end up doing fc-cache -f on Red Hat
because it has version 2.1 of fontconfig, even though it has the
fixes in question.

I feel like I should comment on your spec file, but I'll avoid doing,
because I'd have enough trouble telling you how to make a spec file
for fonts that is portable across Red Hat versions, much less across
different distributions; you might want to look, though, at how
fc-cache is handled in
http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/tmp/fonts-arabic/fonts-arabic-1.3-1.src.rpm
Note in particular the use of %ghost. (Your package will most
likely leave a directory behind if you install it then uninstall it.)

Regards,
                                                Owen