RFP policy

Hi,

Glynn keeps bugging me to repost this; I was going to revise it a bit
more extensively first, but I don't know when I'll get around to that,
so I'll go ahead and try to restart discussion. I think I probably
didn't incorporate all the comments people had last time; please
re-comment as appropriate.

The board was unanimously in favor of adopting some sort of policy for
how we make technical decisions, though we didn't discuss the details
much. But the first step in that is to try to get a good feel for what
the policy should be like.

The main alternative approach to this one would be some kind of
technical review committee, I believe. If someone wants to write up a
proposal along those lines for compare-and-contrast, it might be
worthwhile.

Anyway, my proposal is at:
 http://pobox.com/~hp/policy.html

Havoc