Re: Request to mailing list foundation-announce rejected

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:16:22AM -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:27:01AM -0500, foundation-announce-admin gnome org was heard to remark:
> > Your request to the foundation-announce mailing list
> >
> >     Posting of your message titled "Nominate Leslie Proctor"
> >
> > has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
> > following reason for rejecting your request:
> >
> > "Your message has been deemed inappropriate by the moderator. The
> > timeline has expired. I already rejected another request. I let you
> > check with the board and the election comitee on this issue,
> >
> > Daniel"
>
> Uhhm, isn't the deadline this Saturday, November 10th?  The week hasn't
> ended yet, at least not in my timezone.  (Its not even noon).

  http://foundation.gnome.org/electionrules.html

  Candidacies must be announced prior to November 8, 2001, 23:59 UTC.

i.e nearly 20 hours ago. The end of the period was announced on
the same list 18 hours ago.

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2001-November/msg00031.html

  My decision to block the foundation announce post was based on
very simple and public guidelines. It's completely independant
on who was nominated, that's not the issue.

  I delegated to the groups responsable of the election and to the board
if you want to raise an objection.

Daniel