Re: 10 Questions for All Candidates

George wrote:

) The board meets for one hour every two weeks to discuss a handful of
issues.  Thus, it is very important that the board can very quickly and
concisely discuss each topic and come to concensus on each item for
discussion. Are you good at working with others, who sometimes have very
differing opinions than you do, to reach concensus and agree on actions?

I think that as long as an unnamed person, usually referred to by 3 letters
starting with R doesn't get voted in, I think this would be quite possible.

No kidding. If there's a God out there, I sincerely hope that he temporarily disables the email accounts of people who wish to vote for candidates usually referred to by 3 letters starting with R. Seriously, while I have a great amount of respect for RMS' achievements and his crusade for free software, I think it would truly be a disaster if he were elected onto the board of the Gnome Foundation. I *really* don't want the board to spend the next 12 months listening to tirades about GNU/Linux versus Linux, how evil it is to ever mention commercial software etc. It's really important that the board be composed of a team of people who focus all their energy on making GNOME successful, and who are able to work together with others and respect diverging opinions.

SO PLEASE, if you respect RMS and the Free Software Foundation and love GNOME, send a check to

Free Software Foundation 59 Temple Place - Suite 330 Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA and vote for a team of people who'll be able to work together and get things done.

Cheers,

Bart