Re: Evolution copyright assignment: Storm in a teacup

So, let me get this straight.  You're position is that by assigning
copyright to a single entity that entity; be it whomever, can relicense
to the code as propriety or something non-GPL correct?

Do you believe that they can do this despite a legal agreement that the
code will be licensed as free software in addition to proprietary?
A legal agreement is binding.  An entity is obligated by law to follow
through.

I'm not seeing where the license is being circumvented.  The only reason
I can see you saying that is that you're being a purist and do not want
any proprietary forks associated the original GPL'd codebase regardless
of whether the code is also GPL'd as well.  Is that your position?

sri