The copyright assignment debate.

Hello folks,

    Being a Novell employee it seems that I can not respond to most
accusations purely on the grounds of `I am biased' and `I can not
really make a point without looking self serving', thanks to everyone
who has stepped in.

    That being said, what we have is an excellent track record of
developing a lot of code for Gnome and contributions that span pretty
much every module that every Gnome user has today on their system, and
if anything we have opened up more code after we were acquired by
Novell than we had in the past.

    And here we are, fighting the paranoia of a person that has yet to
commit code to any GNOME module.

    I agree that on the "abstract" he raises points of concern to him
and others, but people seem to be treating us like if we were Evil
itself, conveniently ignoring that if our corporation would to decide
to do something stupid, the community still has the GPL version and
they could fork at any point.

Miguel.